Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reaping What You Sow: Caprese Recipe


One of my favorite salads is Caprese. It's really simple to make and incorporates a ton of flavors with five ingredients. The first thing I did with my tomatoes was make one of these salads.

Ingredients:

Basil
Whole Mozzarella (for slicing)
Tomatoes
Balsamic Glaze
Olive Oil

1. Slice your tomatoes, slice your mozzarella, and wash and pick your basil leaves off the stalks you cut.

2. Layer these ingredient. I like to go (from the bottom up) tomato, mozzarella, then basil.

3. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic glaze.

4. EAT!

6 comments:

  1. That's a hot caprese.

    Also, my dad had a worm farm in the late 90's. It was pretty awesome--he grew them inside and then took them outside to put in his garden. I remember we had a few escapees that we found years later shriveled up under the piano, but other than that, it was a success. I will do some further research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't go wrong with a good caprese salad and homegrown tomatoes. Do you make your own balsamic glaze? What do you put in it (or is it just balsamic vinegar)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never even considered making my own glaze! You've totally inspired me though. Do you have a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knitstory, I live in fear of an escape!

    ReplyDelete